28 April 2016

Is ISIS a True Islam? (A Non-Muslim Asking a Muslim)



www.kopihangtuah.blogspot.com




NON MUSLIM:
Referring to the website- http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2015/03/what-isis-really-wants/384980/ , I am interested in your view as to whether it could be true that ISIS is true Islam and everybody else is following wrong teaching? Or do you think the US and Israelis made this up?

MUSLIM:
ISIS is not true Islam. Israel is known to have done anything they want. I do not trust them at all man. USA is just a puppet for Israel. Billions of USD tax payers money goes to Israel. That is enough to raise doubts.

NON MUSLIM:
US aid to Israel you are right except that it is trillions not billions. But what you probably don't know is that Egypt gets very close to the same amount. How can you be so sure of who is in your good books when you may not have all the facts?

MUSLIM:
How can you be so sure?

NON MUSLIM:
I am not sure! That's the point! But I am not making definitive statements on Facebook or Twitter either!

MUSLIM:
Well I am making statements about the death of those innocent kids in Palestine, Syria, etc.

NON MUSLIM:
Yes. Nothing wrong with stating the fact that lots of innocents are dying. It's the conspiracy stuff that I keep finding amusing. How can you be so certain that what you are reposting on social media is true? Or do you not mind if you repost things that turn out to be false?

MUSLIM:
I read the article. Too long. Interesting but contains too many misconceptions that not only confuse Muslims but non Muslims too. Inaccurate conclusions on Muhammad, Quran and Islam as interpretations were cherry picked such as Islam allows slavery and concubines and such, instead of digested as a whole. I will tell you the whole story about the Great Lie of End of Times that specifically refers to ISIS and the 666.
NON MUSLIM:
Agree it is long. I have never read the whole Quran either, which is why I wanted your view. To be clear, ISS do believe that Islam and the Prophet allows slavery and concubines, etc. They have said so many times in their videos and speeches by leaders. So that part is not controversial. What was new to me is that a religious reading of the Quran supports this view. And according to them if you don't agree then you are khufir (non-believer) just like me.

MUSLIM:
I will tell you in what context certain things in Quran have been taken wrongly by this ISIS and why I think Israel and USA is involved. However, my explanation does not involve empirical evidence. It involves certain prophecies by Prophet Muhammad regarding ISIS. It is a matter of my spiritual believe.... that is why I am reluctant to have a conversation with you because you only accept empirical evidence based arguments whereas mine is based on my faith.

NON MUSLIM:
Okay. If it is belief then that's fine. No need to explain, you are right. Hard for me to understand those kind of answers but will accept them. This is not an inquisition. I am just trying to understand.

MUSLIM:

* kopihangtuah



| mcmlxxv:viii:xxix |

0 comments:

Post a Comment