23 October 2015

2016 Malaysian Budget: As Jotted on a White Board



www.kopihangtuah.blogspot.com



BUDGET has always been an interesting topic for me when it comes to blogging. Over the past years I have blogged about it in a comprehensive manner detailing as much information as I can and in the context that is relevant for the comprehension of the Malaysian society at the time those budgets were tabled in the Parliament. 

This year, 2016, I am taking a different approach. The Malaysian society seems to only digest information that only requires them 10 seconds to read particularly on controversial matters on the social media. Therefore, I shall not bore readers with my long winded narration (.... like what I am doing now). I shall use a photo of bullet points jotted on a white board.

Dato' Sri Najib Razak tabled the 2016 Malaysian Budget today, 23 October 2015, at 4.00pm. His (budget) is a very tight one given the significant fall in the Government revenues following the depression in oil price that fell from RM100 per barrel to RM50 per barrel. Despite the sluggish revenues, he has somewhat articulated a fair and appropriate budget. 

If asked, "What is the 1 crucial point that the budget has uncovered?", I should appropriately say, "We are lucky that we have implemented the GST!" In fact, Dato' Sri Najib did say in his budget speech, "Even the oppositions (Pakatan Harapan) have included GST into their shadow budget paper.... thank you for agreeing with GST.... finally.... "

Here is the promised snapshot of the bullet points on 2016 Malaysian Budget as jotted down on the white board:





* kopihangtuah





| mcmlxxv:viii:xxix |

0 comments:

Post a Comment