12 June 2014

So That I Can Try To Do Something


www.kopihangtuah.blogspot.com




This poem was extracted from the blog www.buanaseni.blogspot.com. Hopefully whoever reads this will have the urge to do something:


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


SO THAT I CAN TRY TO DO SOMETHING

My name is Shahar.
I am a 7 year old kid.
My Daddy says that I am a smart boy.
Why?
Because I ask too many questions.
He said I ask questions that no other kid would normally ask.
Of course I will ask those questions.
Why?
Because I cannot understand why certain things are as what they are.
Because it seems the adults also do not really understand.
But they pretend they do.
Had they understood it, they wouldn't have allowed certain things to happen.
Why?
Because if they had understood it, they would have tried their best to stop it.
I see all the adults ignoring things that happen.
I see those things and I feel I understand what is happening.
How do I know that I understood what was happening?
Well, because I feel the urge to do something to stop what was happening.
So I asked my Daddy to bring me to Syria.
Why?
So that I can try to do something that can stop the other kids dying.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~





* kopihangtuah




| mcmlxxv:viii:xxix |

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

my dear shahar,

my name is slightly linger, longer
excellent is what you are
keep pointing those questions out
for one day you will find it
caught beneath the landslide
i do not mean harm or anything

there in oasis there are trees and dates
and young camels too

aah! you want to be in syria
i think your homeland is where i want to be
but there is no place like home, they said
someday, one day.

calais au kaleji

Post a Comment