01 March 2011

Che Det's Islam or Tok Guru's Islam? Who Cares?


www.kopihangtuah.blogspot.com



"....one wears bush jacket and the other wears Serban"

have been busy lately and I only managed to get news from conversations with work colleagues, my wife, Twitter, Facebook, short emails and quick scan of headlines in the newspapers (mind you, I have 10 days worth of NST piled up next to my bed waiting for me to read).

Tonight I managed to clear my emails in Yahoo and one interesting email got my attention. It was an update email from the blogger jebatmustdie on the latest debate between 2 oldtimers from UMNO and PAS. How could I have missed this hot debate between Tun Mahathir and Nik Aziz? The blog post basically revolved around how those 2 carry Islam in their political careers.

To my amusement, regardless of whether I am an UMNO supporter, or PAS supporter, or supporter for any political parties for that matter, I will still believe in a version of Islam which is not biased towards any political entities. You can read the blog post at Nik Aziz dan Kesinambungan Kuasa Politiknya

This debate between the 2 giants serve as entertainment value to the general public. Despite its irrelevance to most voters today, it does, somehow, act as a catalyst to the assessment of their (voters) political inclinations.

To make my night complete, I left the below comments with jebatmustdie :


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


jebatmustdie,

It appears that these politicians have nothing better to do other than playing court jester. Whilst I am an advocate of Tun Mahathir, I believe he should just ignore ignorant politicians such as Nik Aziz. Nik Aziz on the other hand, should just stop playing the fool and think of ways to develop Kelantan while he is still in power. Have you visited Kelantan lately? They did develop KB but poorly I must say. Trees in KB were destroyed to give way to concrete buildings and orphanage is still lacking.

At the end of the day, Tun Mahathir and Nik Aziz still read the same Al-Fatihah when they pray. The only diffference is that, one wears bush jacket and the other wears Serban. The age group that do really give a damn about what those two are saying are probably aged 36 and above. Those aged 35 and below don't give a rats ass. Guess what, those aged 35 and below represents more than 50% of the population and in 10 years time, half of them will be in the workforce and contribute significantly to the economy.

So, really, this whole debacle of who is more Islamic than the other will become irrelevant, or has it already become irrelevant? At least for me, who is 36 years old, I don't give a monkeys about what they say and when I pray, there is no version of Nik Aziz Al-Fatihah or Tun Mahathir's Al-Fatihah. Their debates, are entertaining nonetheless, and should only continue for entertainment value.

What is important going forward is how Najib Razak is going to drive this nation forward cutting through all obstacles, be it political, religious or economic. I have my own views on some of the related matters such as obsolete politicians, Bumiputra voters, Kelantan, Najib Razak's efforts, etc. Do share your views, Links are as below:

The Anwar Dilemma
Najib is not 'Bapa Slogan' after all
Malay to non-Malay Ratio of 1:40
RMK10, RM230B by RM
NEM means?
Kit Siang should say "Malaysia for Mongoloids"
Kelantan, a 'Country' of its Own

Regards




* kopihangtuah



| mcmlxxv:viii:xxix |

0 comments:

Post a Comment