Title: Chariots of the Gods
Author: Erich Von Daniken
Publisher: Berkley Publishing
... aliens came down to Earth and reproduced hybrid beings when mating with humans on the Earth. With that, biologically, the superior DNA expanded into human race which explains why we, humans, are now able to build rockets, computers, nuclear bombs and what not?? Fuhhh!!!! Erich Von Daniken must have been on some kind of drug!
Erich Von Daniken attempts to provide such answers from his analysis of historical facts and archaeological findings. He preached that humans should consider all possibilities in searching for the answer. In his book, Chariots of Gods, he believes that the deities we call Gods are highly probable to have been aliens from other planets in other solar systems beyond our reach (so far as the current technology is applied). I find it rather amusing when he himself dismissed such conclusion when the one other possible explanation was not considered, i.e. That God is in fact God anyway. Obviously he himself did not consider all possibilities? In any case, this book provides good reading. An entertainment value, but I suggest shouldn't be taken seriously. Some of his thoughts or findings are as follows:
(1) Ancient Egyptians cut crystals which can only be done using electro-chemical technology today;
(2) Ancient equipment which scientists believe to have been an electric dry battery, which work on galvanic principle, are now on display at Baghdad Museum;
(3) In the Asian mountains of Kohistan, there is a cave with ancient drawings that reproduces the exact position of the stars as they actually were 10,000 years ago (i.e. Venus and Earth joined by lines);
(4) Ancient ornaments of smelted platinum were found on the Peruvian plateau;
(5) Parts of a belt made of aluminium lay in an ancient grave at Yungjen, China;
(6) At Delhi there is an ancient pillar made of iron that is not destroyed by phosphorus. sulphur, or the effects of the weather - (Ashokan pillar - see photo)
(7) The Mayas left behind a fantastic calendar that had already acknowledge the terrestrial year at 365.2420 days which is super accurate considering our current latest calculation by modern scientists is 365.2422!!!
(8) An ancient map found in Istanbul, which was used by Admiral Piri Reis, demonstrated that the map of the world must have been drawn from a vision of the Earth from a very high altitude such as from a satellite in the orbit (i.e. the curious elongated shape of the Americas is particularly striking)
It is incredible that the chronicles of the Mahabrata, the Bible, the Epic of Gilgamesh, the texts of the Eskimos, the American Indians, the Scandinavians, the Tibetans, and many, many other sources tell the same stories - of flying "gods", strange heavenly vehicles
To be fair, Erich also has some questions which we may also find compelled to think about: What are the Eskimos doing talking about metal birds that brought them to the North? Why do the Indians mention thunderbirds who introduced fire? How are the ancestors of the Mayas supposed to have known that the Earth is round and recognised the 4 cardinal points of the compass in their Popol Vuh legend? It is incredible that the chronicles of the Mahabrata, the Bible, the Epic of Gilgamesh, the texts of the Eskimos, the American Indians, the Scandinavians, the Tibetans, and many, many other sources tell the same stories - of flying "gods", strange heavenly vehicles, and the frightful catastrophes connected with these apparitions - by chance and without any foundation other than on the basis of faith and religion. Perhaps, as I mentioned earlier, Erich should consider that these miracles were indeed from God Himself via His angels and prophets?
| mcmlxxv:viii:xxix |